Mobile applications have become a necessity these days, both from user & business perspective. When it comes to mobile app development, the most popular options are native applications and web applications. The third option becoming highly popular is Hybrid Mobile Apps, but one must know the basics before moving to hybrid ones.
Introduction to Native Apps
Native apps are developed using programming languages specific to the platform these are built for, such as Java for Android and Objective-C for iOS. These have the capability of using the native functionality of the device and the operating system. They offer an outstanding user experience and high performance.
Introduction to Web Apps
Hybrid Applications: Bringing Together the Best of Native and Web
Hybrid apps are cross-platform mobile apps, which combine the best of native and web apps. These are developed by combining both the technologies, the web-based HTML content and the native infrastructure. In simple words, they are web apps enclosed in a native shell. These are able to use the native functions of the platform they are being run on, which gives them a winning edge.
Advantages of Hybrid Mobile App Development
1. Improve User Experience (UX)
The most important factor that drives traffic to a mobile app is user experience. And hybrid app development take you into the comfort zone because it offers an improved user experience across all platforms and browsers.
The UX is vital component establishing a long term and robust relationship with your end audiences. It becomes essential if they are switching on from one mobile platform to another.
2. Increasing the Speed
Speed of a mobile app is an important factor that can help in engaging large number of audience. People don’t prefer a mobile app that is slow to load and does not give response instantly.
So, hybrid apps will come to your rescue and overcome these drawbacks. Hybrid apps are quite faster in downloading even the large sized documents and files within quick time. This feature is absent in native apps.
3. Highly Scalable & Fast Development
Hybrid mobile apps are based on cross platform apps. You can build it on different platforms as well as OS. This feature makes it popular than both native and mobile web applications. It can be easily scaled and created. The scaling becomes more refined because of the framework and technology factor.
It helps to simplify the job of the Android App Development Company working for your brand. If code is reused, then no need to create the app again right from the word go. It is easy to build apps on all popular operating systems including iOS, Android and the Windows.
Additional Benefits of Hybrid Apps
Here are the benefits that a business can avail by moving over to hybrid apps:
- They offer a comprehensive user experience as they are compatible with multiple platforms and browsers. As a result, these are able to reach out to a larger number of consumers.
- Like native apps, hybrids are able to access the device data and use inbuilt applications such as GPS, camera, messaging, contacts, and more.
- They are easily scalable to a variety of platforms and operating systems as the technology and framework used for building these are almost similar. Therefore, a single app can run on Android and iOS.
- These are a cost-effective option as the need to develop and maintain separate code bases for diverse platforms is eliminated. Additionally, these take less time to develop and deploy.
- Offline functionality is another advantage that is associated with hybrid applications. It can store data offline using the device API, which reduces the loading time for the app. The stored data can also be accessed and used as soon as the device goes online.
Since these apps are based on web technology, their development is easier and cheaper compared to native apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s a hybrid app?
Hybrid mobile apps are applications that are installed on a device, just like any other app. Hybrid apps are deployed in a native container that uses a mobile WebView object. When the app is used, this object displays web content thanks to the use of web technologies.
2. How does hybrid app work?
3. Do hybrid apps work offline?
Because of their native infrastructure, hybrid apps can work offline. Although, while offline, data can obviously not be updated, users are still able to load the app and access previously loaded data, unlike web apps.
From all that we have discussed so far, one thing is quite clear that hybrid mobile apps are much more advantageous over the native apps. Another important fact is that it offers a wide array of opportunities and resources to expand your business. This ultimately saves both time and money.
Other than that, the hybrid apps are easy to maintain and scalable. You just have to narrow down your search and hire mobile app developers from a reliable and ethical app development company to transform your app ideas into reality.