Wearable devices like smartwatches, Fitbit, and Earbuds are some amazing devices that have taken the world by storm, taking the wearable app development market to new heights. However, there are some trends governing faster growth, which makes us look for top trends of wearable app technology.
From tracking physical activities to improving your gaming experiences – wearables pose the great potential to create a substantial place in the foreseeable future. In this blog, we will deep dive into the top trends of wearable technology and the importance of wearable app development services in various industries, worldwide.
Wearable Technology – Overview
In today’s world, wearable devices are gaining high recognition, and it is here to stay for many years to come. Wearable device technology, as the name suggests, is defined as the technology to create accessories worn on the body or implanted straight into the user’s body, or embedded in their clothing as technology fusion.
The most amazing feature of wearables is that they make hundreds of thousands of measurements each day. The user’s personal data gets monitored and measured upon their consent via powerful smart sensors and microchips installed in the wearable electronic device. Therefore, the development of this technology is closely associated with the growth of mobile networks, high-speed data transfer, and miniaturized microprocessors. Above all, its connection to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular networks enhances the user experience for the wearable industry.
Additionally, tracking biometric data make wearables access applications and provide feedback based on the processed information. Therefore, the Android app development company offering wearable technology has followed the footsteps of IoT (Internet of Things).
Furthermore, wearable devices evolved into a major category of the IoT, with its numerous life-changing applications. But, one thing that differentiates wearables from IoT is that a corresponding wearable app works independently and gives users high flexibility.
The Importance of Wearable Technology
The world first got its wearable device with Apple Watch – an accessory that tells time was turned into a smart device, overnight. But many businesses still wonder why the world should care about wearables and wearable apps?
In simple words – to make the daily lives easier. The purpose of wearables was to provide permanent, portable, convenient, and in some instances, hands-free access to computers. This access, in turn, will offer huge benefits to people such as:
• Wearables help people track data better and thus contribute to maintaining and improving their health
• The devices make many tasks easy to complete such as contactless payments, navigation, and responding to text messages.
• Wearable technology is improving lives by motivating them to enroll in proactive healthcare and active living
• Technology has become a crucial part of our work and life. It helps improve productivity at the workplace and provide entertainment at home
• Wearable devices also allow gamification of personal achievements tracking and sharing – from workout completion and recovery from a condition to success in reducing weight or quitting smoking.
Benefits of Wearables in different industries
Smartwatches and Fitbits are not only the wearables that have gained popularity. Here are a few benefits of wearable devices in different industries like healthcare, gaming, and fashion.
Wearable devices for the healthcare industry
Post-pandemic, people are taking care of their health like never before. As a result, the healthcare industry has welcomed new tech innovations to safeguard people and improve their health.
Wearable devices also help in preventative care, diagnosis, treatment decision-making, and high-risk care management. Its ability to track fitness activity, evaluate sleep quality, and measure health rates like heart rate and blood oxygen level has made wearable devices more advanced. Today, there are many devices available in the market that is changing the healthcare industry for good, including:
• Wearable fitness trackers: Fitness-tracking smart bands and smart rings like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, Motiv, and more.
• Smart health watches: Smartwatches like Apple watches, Galaxy watches by Samsung, and Wear OS.
• Body-mounted sensors: Wearable ECG monitors, blood pressure monitors, biosensors that detect pulse rate, blood oxygen level, and glucose levels more help monitor biological data of patients for healthcare goals.
Wearable Gaming Technology
With the recent innovations made in the gaming world, wearable app development services provide haptic feedback to the body. Haptic vests, gloves, and suits make the gaming world look more realistic. Also, the Haptic actuators are ultra-thin which enables thrilling interactions with technology and new vivid tactile experiences.
• VR wearables: Virtual reality headsets were the first wearable devices launched in the gaming world. VR gaming headsets and goggles help players experience the game entirely. Therefore, the selection of these wearable VR gaming accessories is wide-enough to fit any budget.
• Haptic devices: Another innovation that wearables offer in the gaming industry is tactile feedback. While playing an online game, touch is engaged through the science of haptics. Video game controllers have also been using haptics for decades now. However, incorporating this technology into wearable devices is the next achievable milestone.
Wearables in Fashion Industry
Wearable smart devices have taken the fashion industry by its storm. Smart garments and accessories are now part of intelligent fashion. A mix of aesthetics and style with functional technology has made people choose wearable devices to innovate more and more.
Smart apparels like suits, pants, and other clothing accessories use unique fabric to adjust the temperature and enhance blood circulation.
Wearable technology is growing fast-paced. Currently, it has everything technology needs to achieve success. Thanks to its multifold benefits which have helped businesses see the bright aspect of wearables. With the right combination of hardware and software, wearable devices will cater to the world’s evolving needs and demands, while improving their lives.
Do you have a wearable app idea? We are excited to hear about it. Write to us and our wearable app development team shall help your ideas get wings.
What are the challenges of developing a wearable device?
Some of the most common issues faced by Android app developers are:
• Undefined purpose
• UI challenges
• Portability issue
• Rapid app development
• Battery life
• Lack of API standards and protocols
However, when you hire android applications developer, he will overcome these challenges and develop a result-oriented wearable app.
What are the technologies used to develop a wearable device?
The list is countless but some of the famous technologies include Fitness Tracker, Smart Clothing, Smartwatch, Head-Mounted Displays, and so on.
How much time does it take to develop a wearable app?
It all depends on the features you wish to add to your wearable app. Other deciding factors include functionalities, complexities, resources available, budget, and more.